“Oh, it’s only the best day of the year”, according to Leslie Knope.
To us, it’s simply a day dedicated to celebrating the special bond shared between females. What makes this bond so special? The full answer to that question warrants its own post. In short, females’ ability to relate to and connect with one another, on emotional and experiential levels, threads a strong, sometimes automatic, bond.
There are many ways to celebrate their significance to you, here are just a few ideas we’re considering for our own gals:
If you can get together in person:
- Try a new restaurant or bar
- Sweat it out in a yoga or cycling class
- Have a girls-night-in at one of your houses
- Throw a party!
- If she’s an office pal, tie a fun balloon to her chair.
If you can’t get together:
- Sip wine over a FaceTime call
- Mail them a smile
- Pick a date to get together, and make it happen.