It’s time to celebrate the Fourth of July! That means family fun, picnics galore and the never-ending dessert platters. And if you are gluten-free, we’ve got you covered. Try our scrumptious gluten-free fruit cookie recipe that will be the perfect addition to your holiday weekend.
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water or milk
1½ teaspoons vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your all-purpose flour has it)
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour + more for rolling/dusting (I’ve used Better Batter, King Arthur Flour or Cup4Cup)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter at medium speed.
- Add the egg, water, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon (if using). Blend until mixed well.
- Add the xanthan gum and flour. Mix at a low speed until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with selected cookie cutters, and place the cookies on the baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool for 1 hour
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled cookies. Arrange fruit over cream cheese. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour then serve.