Sweater weather is synonymous with carb-loading weather, and both are definitely something to be thankful for.
But snuggling up on the couch to enjoy your favorite calorie-laden comfort foods doesn’t have to mean busting out of your jeans like a can of biscuits.
Believe it or not, there’s a slew of classic dishes that can be made healthier by utilizing the versatility of cauliflower, a fiber-rich, powerhouse vegetable. The following recipes are incredibly innovative and indulgent; tasty enough to trick even the pickiest of kids into believing that they’re getting away with having junk food for dinner.
- Low Carb, Keto-Friendly “Mac”-N-Cheese: Bring on the melted, cheesy goodness! Since cauliflower is relatively mild in taste, it acts as a really great macaroni “impasta”. If you’re longing for those missing carbs, feel free to top it with breadcrumbs for a homestyle twist.
- Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese: Nothing goes with runny noses and frozen toes more harmoniously than grilled cheese and tomato soup. This super easy take on a childhood favorite will have the whole family asking for seconds.
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks: You’ve probably already heard about the internet obsession that is cauliflower pizza crust. Well, brace yourself for guiltless pizza night’s newest addition. These breadsticks are an ideal finger food for frigid days and just so happen to pair perfectly with a classic marinara sauce.
- Chocolate Pizza: It’s what you get when you combine two of the best things that life has to offer. The cauliflower in this recipe is cleverly concealed as an ingredient in the crust, which means that its health benefits can be reaped without compromising on taste.
- Feeling extra? Try this vegan-friendly chocolate buttercream frosting made with, you guessed it, more cauliflower!
We know, our stomachs are growling now, too. Do you know of any clever cauliflower hacks for when a craving creeps up on you? Let us know in the comments below!