One of my favorite parts about the holidays is that you get cards in the mail, instead of just bills and promotional catalogs. There’s nothing quite like seeing messages from friends and family, near and far. But what do you do with all those cards after the holidays are over?
Toss them, and lose the sweet notes and photos? Keep them, and store them in a box never to be seen again? Instead, how about creating a keepsake so you can see them anytime you want?! This scrapbook is cute and compact, so you can store it easily and view it year after year. Plus, if your cards are as gorgeous as these ones from Pinhole Press, you’ll want to do something with them besides hiding them in a dusty old box!
You will need:
- Holiday cards
- Holiday scrapbook paper (8×8)
- Hole punch
- Glue gun
- Embellishments (stickers, washi tape, etc.)
- Shaped paper punches
- Gather all your holiday cards. I recommend separating the ones with photos from the others, so you don’t accidentally cut someone’s face in half acquiring a graphic on the back.
- Punch 2 holes in your scrapbook paper. You can stack the paper to ensure it lines up, or use the ruler at the bottom if it has one so you can make sure you get the holes in the right place.
- Cut out the graphics, photos and captions you’d like to use from your card collection.
- Arrange your cutouts on the scrapbook paper. I did one card per page, being sure to include the photo and greeting on the card. Once you’re happy with the layout, hot glue everything to the paper.
- Add embellishments to your pages. You can add stickers, washi tape, glitter- whatever you want!
- For an added element of decor, use a shaped paper punch to cut fun shapes out of your scrap holiday cards. The cards from Pinhole Press have seasonal patterns on the back!
- Stack up your scrapbook papers, including a pretty cover. Weave a ribbon through the holes to secure the book. Tie it loosely so you can turn the pages easily.
With cards as nice as these from Pinhole Press, your family and friends will want to keep them forever! The cards are printed on thick cardstock, and they have amazing designs for every holiday. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, or prefer to wish people a Happy New Year instead, they have a card for you! Plus, with easy address services you can ship them out as soon as they arrive at your door- or have Pinhole Press mail them out for you!
By creating this book, you’re taking something seasonal (like holiday cards) and putting them into a format that you can enjoy year-round. How great would it be to look back and see how everyone has changed over the years?! Order your cards today, so your friends and family can have a keepsake for years to come!
I’m from NYC, but I recently bought a house and moved out to Long Island with my husband and our 3 cats. During the week I’m an office manager, but on the weekends I’m a crafter, blogger, and party stylist. I love anything pink, cupcakes, and Disney!
I started Party HarDIY (formerly WellKeptChaos) back in April of 2016 with the intention of being an organization and lifestyle blog. Over time, my love for party planning and DIY projects took over the blog, and I couldn’t be happier about the direction it’s going in! You can read more about the way PHD developed here.