You’re a new Mom, It’s OK if you don’t know all the answers. Amber from The Simple Practical Life has you covered on all things poop & pee related!
There are so many diaper brands out there today. Do you go with Huggies or Pampers? Do you choose one that is chemical conscious, like ones from The Honest Company, or do you fully commit to environmentally-friendly and try cloth? Is there even a difference in the end?
The truth is, each baby is different and has different diaper needs. Before you start testing out the different diaper brands, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Here are some quick tips from Amber’s diaper review:
- The right fit will mean it fits around the waist & legs without being too snug or loose
- There should be leakage from full or blowout diapers
- Buy small packs before buying in bulk
- The weight on diapers may not always match your child’s shape
- Don’t just open a gifted diaper box – make sure they’ll fit first
- Every child is different – you may like one kind for your first, but a different one for your second.
Keeping that in mind, you can now dive into the different diaper brands and which you think you’ll like. You can head over to Amber’s blog to check out her review.
Here are the top three brands she reviews:
Luvs – Extremely absorbent, readjusting tabs & curved shape to fit baby better and also lightly scented.
Pampers – Absorbent, flexible fit & have a wetness indicator. Great for 0-3 months, but doesn’t work well as baby gets older
Honest Company – very absorbent & hypo-allergenic, but pricey. May not be readily available in all stores.