The nation’s capital can be a fun, yet educational, family vacation. Amber from Global Munchkins has one of the best Washington DC Travel Guides for Kids. Here are some of our takeaways.
Top Hotels – Kid-Friendly, Safe & Convenient Location
Rooms starting at $99/night. Here are the perks…
- Very friendly staff, even at 2:30 am
- Complimentary fresh fruit and water during the day, wine at night
- Spacious rooms with separate bedrooms & comfortable sleeper sofa for the kids
- Gorgeous views with a balcony that overlooks Penn. Ave
- Kitchenette for a convenient breakfast in the mornings.
- Outdoor pool
- Blocks away from downtown attractions
Rooms Starting at $80/night. Here are the perks…
- Warm chocolate chip cookies in the stylish & modern lobby
- Very kind staff
- Large room with a wet bar
- Trendy decor
- Indoor heated pool with a great city view
Top 5 Things to Do:
- Flat Tire Tours – Cover a lot of ground, informative & funny, many bike size options & has a trailer for younger kids.
- National Mall – Lincoln, Jefferson, MLK Memorials, Open grass area, food options & restrooms readily available. Most of these options are free
- Spy Museum – Very fun for kids – they pick a character to be, lots authentic spy gear but it does come with an entrance fee.
- Newseum – A fun & educational experience. Kids get to become a newscaster, learn about the president’s dogs, see the Berlin Wall, and go behind the scenes with the FBI.
- DC Duck Tour – Great to get a glimpse at all the DC sites on land and in water. The drive is very kid friendly & let the kids steer
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Click through to read the full review on the hotels and the best places to eat.